The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 6 reports possible delays or lane closures on the following projects:
KENTON COUNTY, KENTUCKY – HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO
• Brent Spence Bridge – I-71/75 Southbound/Northbound (191.3 – 191.8 mile-marker) – A routine maintenance project to clean and paint the Brent Spence Bridge is underway. The project will require various lane closures on both the north and southbound decks of the bridge, as well as the closure of several ramps that provide access to the bridge. Currently, the two left lanes are closed on both the north and southbound decks. Drivers are encouraged to plan their drive, and when possible, use alternate routes to get around the bridge. The project is expected to be complete by Nov. 15.
For updates and detours, please go to BrentSpenceBridgeInfo.org
• U.S. 42 Bridge (13.9 mile-marker) over I-71/75 (180 mile-marker) – A project is in progress that will add a new westbound lane and pedestrian sidewalk will begin. A project is in progress that will add a new westbound lane and pedestrian sidewalk will begin. The traffic pattern for the first phase of work has been set
One lane in each direction on I-71/75 is closed within the project area, specifically:
• The far left lane of travel on I-71/75 northbound is closed for approximately one-quarter mile at the US 42 interchange, and
• The far-right lane of travel on I-71/75 southbound is closed for approximately one-quarter mile at the US 42 interchange.
In addition, both shoulders in both directions are closed within the project area.
Also, traffic on US 42 westbound is shifted to the north while crews work on widening the south side of the roadway. No permanent lane closures on US 42 are anticipated while this work takes place. This travel pattern is expected to remain in place through late August.
Motorists should watch for lane closures, crews, and equipment in the work zone.
• KY 20 (Petersburg Road) 11.4 – 14.2 mile-marker – Work is in progress on a safety improvement project on KY 20 from west of KY 228 to Watts/Graves Road. Motorists should watch for crews, equipment, and lane closures.
• I-75 SB (183 – 178 mile-marker) – There are no lane closures or impacts to traffic as a result of our work in the area. Please drive safely. An interstate rehabilitation project is nearing completion between US 42 to KY 536 (Mt. Zion Road).
• KY 237 (Pleasant Valley Road) – A project is in progress on Pleasant Valley Road between Valley View Drive and Rogers Lane. The roadway is being widened and re-aligned and includes the construction of a bridge and roundabout. Traffic is on the new alignment from just north of Oakbrook Road/Carters Mill Lane to Rogers Lane to allow for the next phase of construction. The new traffic pattern will keep one lane open in each direction on KY 237 and Camp Ernst Road. All traffic will utilize the new roundabout intersection of KY 237 and Camp Ernst Road. This traffic pattern is expected to remain in place through project completion, which is expected by summer 2021.
Ongoing traffic impacts:
The intersection of Pleasant Valley Rd. (KY 237) and Thunder Ridge Dr. remains closed. Residential traffic will not be able to access Pleasant Valley Rd. from Thunder Ridge Dr., and traffic on Pleasant Valley Rd. will not be able to access Thunder Ridge Dr. The intersection is expected to remain closed until this area is complete.
• KY 536 (Mt Zion Road) Double Crossover Diamond (DCD) interchange – Construction is in progress between Tiburon Drive and US 25 (Dixie Highway). The new single-lane roundabout at the intersection of Sherwood Lakes Dr. and the Biltmore Connector is now OPEN. The new connection that runs from Biltmore Blvd. to Investment Way also is open. As a reminder, traffic wishing to enter the roundabout should always yield to traffic already circling the roundabout.
Wednesday, June 16 – Friday, July 16:
Ongoing work to improve roadway connections in the Mt. Zion Rd. interchange area will require a temporary road closure on Investment Way for approximately one month.
Beginning June 16, Investment Way will be closed. Access to the area will be via Demia Way, Sherwood Lakes, Drive, or Biltmore Boulevard. The closure is expected to remain in place through Friday, July 16.
Ongoing traffic impacts, weather permitting:
Crews will be working along Mt. Zion Rd. between Tiburon Dr. and Dixie Hwy. (US 25). Occasional lane closures may occur, but traffic will be maintained with flaggers when needed.
The access road that connect Berberich Dr. and Sam Neace Dr. is open.
• KY 338 (Richwood Road) Double Crossover Diamond (DCD) interchange and U.S. 25 Dixie Highway SPUI – Work is in progress. Traffic on U.S. 25 is in a new traffic pattern as work continues within the project area.
Ongoing Traffic Reminders:
The right lane of I-71/75 northbound is closed from approximately one-half mile south of the Richwood Rd. (KY 338) exit to the bridge over Frogtown Rd. (The length of the closure is approximately one mile.) This closure is expected to remain in place through the end of the year…